Sunday, October 27, 2013

My Experience

You know those people that like to offer advice about things they've never experienced? I'm not one of them, and hopefully neither are you. I formulated my How To Figure It Out guide by translating a English 101 assignment into a four step process that will help students discover not only what they want to study in college, but what they will do with that afterwards and what they have to do to get the degree. When I started this assignment I was a business major longing to study something with more substance. After taking a General Psychology course I had developed a new interest, but didn't know where to go with it. The assignment came at the perfect time. As I am a sophomore now, I am getting to that scary point when there are no more generals on my requirements list. That means I need to know what I want to do before I start wasting money and time on classes I'm not sure I need to take. You can imagine my relief when I was told that I would have the opportunity to research the ins and outs of the psychology major and get credit for it too. In the process I conducted two interviews with psychology majors at my previous college, Idaho State University. Not only did I learn about the extensive writing that was done in this major, but I also got meaningful advice and tips from those students along with encouragement to change my major. After completing the project I have more faith in my interests and my ability to achieve the goals that come with getting a psychology degree. It is because of this experience that I created the guide and I hope all of you will benefit from having read it.

9 comments:

  1. I like how your post are very detailed and explain a lot. I would like to see more stuff about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked all your videos that you had on your page because they were entertaining. And I would have liked to see more information about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good title! I would've liked to see more info on what exactly you study in psychology as a major.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you put the 4 steps for unit one. Think it was cool how you did that. I also liked the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you've put your About Me and Blog Archive gadgets on the left side of the screen instead of on the right like a lot of people do. It helps capture my interest because it's ever so slightly different than what I usually see. I'd like to see a bit more about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you included videos that were entertaining and pertained to your major. Your title is fantastic as well! The layout is simple, but not totally boring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you added links to other websites in your blog. I also like the title, it's super clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked how you incorporated Unit 1 so well.
    I thought it wasn’t missing anything, it was wonderful!
    No questions

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can tell you are really passionate about your major. I like how clean and organized your layout is. I like the title! Good job!

    ReplyDelete